Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: Which outfits make you cringe?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For me?

    It has to be Samantha's meet dress. I just don't like it. Its the brown in it. When I was a kid, my mom insisted that I wear clothes like that "neutrals", brown, khaki, black, tan and I HATED IT! I begged for pastels and bright colors, but those were few and far between.

    So I think her dress reminds me of something my mom would have made me wore, and based on that fact alone, i can't stand it! [img]smile.gif[/img] If I ever get Samantha, I will get her another dress and put that one away.

    -Jordyn

  2. #12
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most of what I dont like comes from the AGOT line. The second meet outfit (all the fleece) and the red jumper outfit are two of them. I remember thinking, what IS this?! When I saw both of these outfits. I dont like the paisley dress either. Theres more but I just cant think of them off the top of my head.

    I also dont like the bridesmaid dress for Sam, although I do like Kirstens midsummer [img]redface.gif[/img] I dont like a lot of Mollys cloths to be honest, her patriotic dance thing, avaitor outfit and birthday dress are all terrible to me. Ironicly, I do like her after school outfit. I bought this one waaay back because when I was little. I loved corduroys and often wore plaid shirts so this was a way of dressing similar to Felicity. But for all the years before they started adding more to their collections, Mollys birthday dress was my least favorite. I also hate Sam's birthday dress, waaaay too frou frouey.

    Edited to add: How could I forget Mollys dude ranch outfit! Thats one of the worst Ive ever seen. But again, just my opinion [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 05, 2005 11:09 AM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font>

  3. #13
    TitanicLover15
    Guest TitanicLover15's Avatar

    Post

    Hmmmm......good question I would probably say Samantha's school outfit. It looks really itchy! And also Kits railroad outfit.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member mom4four's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2003
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most definitely that awful bridesmaid dress, there are many AGOT outifts that I don't like the worst as Taffy said being the red vinyl.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmmm.... I really like the red vinyl outfit, so much so that I found an auction for the girl's sized version and got it for Diana.

    Guess that's what makes the world go 'round, different people, different opinions!


    Laurie

  6. #16
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When we went to AGPC to get Molly DD loved the Miss Victory Costume. I thought it was way to shiny so I persuaded her in another direction. However her Grampy was with us and he surprised her with the outfit. Now I love it. I'm also not to crazy about her Dude Ranch. It is now in the code closet. I hope I grow to like it too.

    Several of the other things mentioned are in hiding - Kirsten's midsummer, the red vinyl meet, and Samantha's Lawn Party. Now I'm a little nervous!

  7. #17
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar
    This is an interesting question. I really do not dislike any outfit per se...some have just been the opposite of my personal tastes.

    The clothes are made so nicely with great such a
    attention to detail, it is hard not to appreciate them.
    I do agree about the red vinyl jumper, but I bet it is well made and cute in person.

    I tend to buy the older more traditional clothing and stay away from the trendy modern looking items.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sam's bridesmaid dress is the worse I've seen and that's up close because I actually bought it. It's true it can be thought of as a really campy, stereotypical bridesmaid dress inflicted by some out-of-control bridezilla but I don't think AG should be in the business of such wry social commentary. Much better to have made a genuinely pretty dress.

    Other than that, I tend to like all the AG clothes. I just hope that continues to be the case.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also like the red vinyl outfit. I haven't bought a girl's size version, but I do think it is awfully cute. And, yes, i must admit that I DID wear clothes like that in the early 1970s.

    But I absoutely abhor Sam's bridesmaids dress. It reminds me of a purple creampuff. I also don't like the new spring outfits for both Samantha and Nellie.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really dislike the Paisley Outfit, Glitter Jeans outfit, and the jacket and skirt set.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •